Efficiency-driven Anesthesia Modeling
The American Association of Nurse Anesthesiology (AANA) recently developed Efficiency-driven Anesthesia Modeling, a new way of approaching anesthesia staffing that:
- Organizes variables unique to a healthcare facility or system while assessing requirements for best practices
- Limits duplication of services, improves effectiveness, increases access and reduces costs
- Reevaluates current anesthesia models to improve safe practice, cost effectiveness and accessibility
Addressing key concerns
CRNAs are ready to provide effective, more efficient, and equitable anesthesia care. Taking these steps can help make anesthesia care delivery more cost-effective and accessible.
- Understand your state’s practice laws for the anesthesia department and CRNAs.
- Review your facility’s medical or professional bylaws, rules and regulations, and anesthesia policies that may restrict efficiency. Work to eliminate restrictions that exceed federal and state law and that create practice barriers for CRNAs.
- Understand community interest and stakeholders’ concerns.
- Know how to evaluate your anesthesia business and take back control.
Efficiency-driven Anesthesia Modeling key resources
Download individual resources below, or get the complete toolkit in one convenient download.